The blog post writing hamster wheel is an ongoing uphill struggle for many small business owners.
In fact, it can feel like an ever-decreasing circle.
Going through the hassle and hard work of getting your website designed and written isn’t good enough anymore. Long gone are the days when taking your website out of maintenance mode was the end of the marketing story.
Did you know that Google would now ideally love to see 3,000 new words a month from you? Good for Google, eh? That’s all fine and dandy if you’re Coca Cola or Adidas.
The big players have got the people and the purpose to deliver to the demands of digital marketing, such as –
- Content Marketing
- SEO Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
Don’t be defeated. You’re not going to be able to compete with the big boys in terms of output – and you’d be foolhardy to even try.
But blog post writing is a brilliant weapon in any SME’s or sole trader’s armoury.
Blog post writing puts big fat ticks in all of the above boxes.
Here’s how blog post writing helps you achieve lots with very little.
Is Any Blog Post Writing Better Than None?
You know the saying about done being better than perfect? It applies to your blog post writing efforts with bells on.
It’s soul destroying, isn’t it, seeing other people smashing content out for fun, when you’re stuck on blank page syndrome or haven’t even go that far?
Remember that larger businesses have marketing people and teams to feed the insatiable digital appetite for content that seems to just grow and grow.
When you’re starting out on your blog post writing journey, or upping your game from a scattergun effort, bear these principles in mind –
- There is no right or wrong amount of blog posts – The only right blog post writing solution is the one that’s realistically manageable for you. Any new content on your website is better than none at all. If you can’t manage 500 words a week, aim for once a fortnight or once a month. Whatever your sweet spot is, get consistent and think about building up a blog post bank to draw from during your busiest times when client commitments override everything else.
- Don’t compare yourself to anybody else – The USP of any small biz is authenticity. You. The human being behind the fledgling brand.
- Don’t underestimate how hard just a single blog post will work for you – There’s a potential piece of pie that might never have the opportunity to land on your plate if you overlook this fact.
How To Squeeze Every Last Drop Of Goodness From One Blog Post
An engaging SEO rich blog post is a powerful multi-purpose little marketing missile for small businesses.
By pulling your blog post writing together with some snazzy images and defining some of the key quotes, it’s a gift that keeps on giving.
Adding it on the Blogs page of your website is the first step to shuffling up the search engine rankings. But it’s just the beginning. You’re not going to get very far if your blog post is only read by yourself and Google’s search engine spiders.
Now if the time to re-purpose the living daylights out of your shiny new blog post.
Blog re-purposing is an important part of building visibility online. It might feel counter-productive and odd. It’s not. Ignore those negative micconceptions.
Don’t forget that people only see and remember the tiniest fraction of the content you put out there.
So, by turning a blog post in to multiple assets, you’re reinforcing your messages and presenting your target audiences with even more reasons to know, like and trust you – without which it’s unlikely they’ll ever buy from you.
You can re-purpose different excerpts, highlights, images, video clips and infographics from just one blog post for your:-
- Website – Re-purpose a blog post in to a lead magnet.
- Email Marketing – Introduce your database to an excerpt of a new blog post they can continue reading on your website. Or break a new blog down in to an email series of daily or weekly tips.
- Facebook – Post about your new blog post on your business page and in promote it in Stories.
- Instagram – Post about your new blog post on your business account, promote it in Stories, Reels and on IGTV.
- LinkedIn – Post about your new blog post on your business and personal accounts and re-purpose it as a LinkedIn article.
- Twitter – Post about your new blog post on your business account and promote it on Fleets.
Getting the gist of all these different ways one humble piece of blog post writing can be used over and over again to hammer your messages home and drive traffic to your website?
These suggestions are before even going there with other platforms such as Clubhouse, Pinterest, YouTube videos, podcasting, Medium, SnapChat, TikTok, and Tumblr.
I’ve not made a deal about them because I don’t use them personally.
The list is long.
Truth bomb: Choose a few you can do well, because you can’t do them all.
Outsourced Blog Content on a SME Budget
Even if you’re prepared to give blog post writing your best shot you might find you genuinely don’t have the time and energy for it.
Your overriding priority is to get paying clients on your books and keep them sticky, after all.
In addition to time and inclination, blog post writing also requires skills you might lack in-house.
It’s why so many small businesses turn to professional copywriters for blog post writing assistance.
Before you start shaking your head, don’t be put off by the thought of ridiculous price tags without skimming beneath the surface.
There are attractive and affordable blog post writing price points on offer to suit the small business budget without compromising on quality.
At Fruition Copywriting, small business blog post writing services start from just £75.00 for entry level 300-word blogs you’ll be proud of.
In addition to the multiple market benefits, it’s ideal for dipping your toe in the outsourcing pool for the first time if you’re understandably a bit wary.